Help Keep The Sacred Trust Ticking, Donate To Support My Art

Visit my Patreon Page and look around.  I need your help.

And help me keep the dream alive.

My name is Ben, and I'm an artist.

I am seeking partners to help me fund the creation of a rich body of work. I am in fact, building a world of it's own. I have a vision for a very different kind of story. My imagery may leave a lot of questions, and the mystery in this narrative is very deliberate. But let's start with why we are here. 



The Past

Since I was very little, I have been adamantly creating. Building stages for action figures out of cardboard boxes, banging on pots and pans, and making movies on the VHS recorder. As I grew up I went on to study film production and theory, fine art, puppetry and experimental media. To support myself I have worked with people special needs in group homes and public schools. I'm fascinated and driven by stories, in all forms - from the stories of individuals, to the story of humankind. In 2011 I found myself unwittingly embarking on a the mission of telling my own story. The details of this narrative and mythology are still slowly taking shape in my drawing, prints and paintings. Today, I can say I've been prolific and committed to this process, but there's a big missing piece.


The Present

For years I have been struggling to balance employment and creative development. I recently left my work with Autistic kids to focus on my art. It was a risky move, and I knew it. I left a fair amount of stability, benefits, and a job that I loved, because I knew it was time to make a solid go of making art. My dreams have not changed since I was a boy: scouring the world for stories, and telling them in the biggest way possible. The reality of this is that with rising rent, bills and studio fees, my income does not sustain my creative practice. I seldom have time to seek those opportunities to show or sell my work, or have time for marketing (it took my 3 months to get this page together), let alone create with any kind of actual focus. As John Cleese says: "The enemies of creativity are anxiety and interruption." 



That's not to complain. I sought the artist's life as it sought me - and it is a privilege. I don't regret my path at all, because I see the value of creativity and art as immeasurable, however abstract. But an artist's life is HARD too, because one has to live in the abstract - dashing between the real world and maintaining clarity of a vision. That's where you come in. I'm asking you to partner in the development of my studio practice. I'm hoping you'll see that I am a great investment, a prolific, passionate, creative person with a deep belief in the healing power of art. I take this very seriously. It is my dream, my vision and my purpose. I take your money seriously and I have never asked for charity (except from my parents, god bless them!). What I'm really I'm asking you for TIME.



The Future

I have long held future plans involving graphic novels, merchandise, animations and of course solo exhibitions. But I'm not there yet. I'm treading water. Your support is key in helping me reach my goals. Your money is my time to create. And I humbly offer you, the opportunity to have your name featured prominently along with mine when these milestones are reached. And your support gives you an inside track, as well as access to many perks and rewards outside of watching my artistic achievement and growth first hand. 

My oath in accepting your contributions is that I will keep my patrons closely informed and involved as my goals are met, and copiously credited and rewarded as I go. As a patron, I will be accessible to you - to hear your ideas and questions, and to make you a part of this journey in as many ways as possible.


For more about me, my work and The Sacred Trust, please watch the video and check out these links:





Visit my Patreon Page and look around.  I need your help.

And help me keep the dream alive.

Comments

Popular Posts