PuppetLab Part 2: Something Something Puppets, and Something Else

A LITTLE BACKGROUND:  
In early 2011 I created this set - all from garbage.  Those are toilet paper rolls.  The result was an epic hodge podge - and the narrative was a bit lost.  Regardless - the great achievement was in the creation of an imaginary space, complete with a life and atmosphere of it's own.  My aim is to do something similar on a human scale.




Without knowing why, I embarked on creating these GITD rabbit masks during The Performative Print course I co-taught last Summer.


Where it truly begins is far before I set the needle to this copper plate - but the story I'm reaching for really begins to unfold with this image. 


            


Three screens will feature rear projections, shadow shows and illuminate the "forest" of the future space rabbit place.






The littler puppets are meant to impart the love story of the mutant rabbit race.
And they are glowy.




Bohemian Press Calendar - Hand Printed Woodcuts



Designs for Eastside Food Co-Op Murals: Fingers Crossed



                                           Ecce Homo Candles: In time for Jesus Day?

            


Fresh Paint on these - and I hope to finish and show them really soon.


I'll keep you posted.  Subscribe to the FB page today.

Comments

Popular Posts