The Studio at The Sacred Trust (and recent happenings therein) PART 1?

Here's a big dang post - I've been meaning to do this since the Summer.  Stay tuned for posts related to PuppetLab, Murals and tees.

Here's what my basement used to look like (after some serious cleaning, you guys).


 Here's what it looks like now (except way crazier).


Then I had a party.  My friend Jamie was DJ, and that's my other friends Terez Iacovino dancing in the mask (keep reading about the masks).






Now I have started a screen shop down there, which is really barely starting to get business.  But in the mean time, I'm doing my own shirts.


Naturally - that practice has it's own name, but it is a division of THE SACRED TRUST, just like everything else in the world.  Check it on FB right here.


I have SO missed painting.  And the best part of my summer was in starting these, after a brush with large scale wall work.  Here's a piece adjacent to Biafra, and the paintings below are 9 x 2 feet.



You can see it in person, just yards from the studio: See it on Foursquare.




Here, you can see I am dabbling in other things - a natural extension of everything else I do and have ever done.


Big guy:



Little guys (still working out the bugs, but got one really good one so far):



Just like everything - This exchange wound up serving many purposes. Initially, it was just a mask for Edie Overturf's MAPC exchange portfolio "Mapping the Quixotic Mind."   Now I'm pasting the heads up all over.  And the following one for Ash Hane's "One Night Only" exchange.  It was also meant to satisfy my craving for a Black Metal graphic, after being rejected for "Swamp Metal" band Hatebeast's cover.  See details of these pieces on the website.  Both editions were printed by hand.




A crude sketch sure - but would make an amazing woodcut for an LP cover.


Photo courtesy of the lovely Lorena Molina.

Jamie Kinroy's birthday boy Wiener cake, with help courtesy of the lovely Lorena Molina.  Made of twinkies and short bread.


Congratulations to myself for being accepted to the Heart of the Beast Theatre's PuppetLab!  A Jerome Foundation Grant!  Woot.  I made these masks in May Term with the Peformative Print/Beyond the Sheet Course I proposed and co-taught.  They glow.  Intitally, Mr. Ben wanted to make an opera, but the project became overwhelming.  I used these pieces to propose for the grant, and I got it.
More on that later (it's own Brockigraphica blog series).  Below are glimpses of whats coming to life in my studio at The Sacred Trust.  Which you would already know if you subscribed to my fb page.  Hint guilt hint.



 

This puppet is made entirely from paper pulp - along with the masks - all refuse from bad prints and proofs.   Add some GITD paint and screen ink.


A rather unrelated note: another rejected design for a mural my neighbors had commissioned for their business.  Lovely when people ask you to do something, then figure out you don't do hard labor for free, and change their minds completely. 


There's probably a lot more - but I'll be posting that later.  Check back for the PuppetLab posts - and help a brother spread the word!

Comments

Popular Posts