FAIR Screen Workshop & Stand Out Prints

I recently had the opportunity to teach a high school workshop to a group from the FAIR arts high school in downtown Minneapolis.  They came to the U, and spent a day in our shop.  I prepared a screen printing project around the idea of the "Exquisite Corpse," in which each student draws a different body part without seeing the rest of the body - then they get put together in crazy ways.  I had them do drawings on transparencies, and we shot them on pre-coated screens.  The rest of the day was spent printing and assembling.  It was a blast, and I couldn't have done it without Paula Marty, Edie Overturf, Maneli Aygani, Laura Bigger and Terez Iacovino helping out.  25 kids is a lot.  I somehow managed to print them each a sticker in the middle of the madness - after they asked for them.  I did hear the words: "Best field trip ever!"





















It was a pretty big day - after that I had the opening of "Stand Out Prints" at Highpoint Center for Printmaking.  I was in a special room right next to Jenny Schmid and Michael Barnes.  Thanks to friends a family who made it out - it really felt like a milestone - recognition for a lot of things on a lot of levels. 



My Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Lance.

Comments

Popular Posts