Blood Vengeance 2011

So it's been about 3 years since my last post, and I have a lot of catching up to do, here.  My last post was from Stillwater Oklahoma in 2008, at which time I was still tying up loose ends on my B.F.A.  Well, here I am in Minneapolis starting my third year as an M.F.A. candidate, and I'm about to launch a national job/residency search.  I want to write a bit about the graduate program here - but I'm feeling the overwhelming urge just to get a fresh post up here, by god.

In the Summer of 2011, I was approached about being a teaching assistant for a mixed Advanced/Intermediate/Beginning print class by the fabulous Paula Marty.  She had this idea of having experience students use prints as a means to a more interactive, experiential end - and this is what they came up with.  It was a load of fun.  Please check out the Summer course blog I put together here: http://bloodvengeance2011.blogspot.com/.

This is video of us crashing an opening in the Nash Gallery at the UofM.
For better quality or if it doesn't load, click here or check my YouTube channel: BDBrock25.


This is from our fashion photo shoot:  
Bryn Gleason- "Water Bea," & Maddy Grimmer "My Dear"


The masks were on display in the main lobby 
during the first few weeks of the Fall term.  
Here is Vong Vang's: "Skeleto-Octo."


We had several races and lots of confused glares by passersby.



Maddy and Paula in the early stages of the project - some engineering was required.


Mai's "Big Eared Owl Mask" in progress.


My mask and axes:  "The Brock-Choppin' Murder-Hog"


Bryn Wearing Jeff's amazing bird helmet.

It was an amazing summer project, and I hope to do it again. 
 Next time, I'd like to get everyone involved in telling 
a story with them, and making a video or performance.  
I feel really lucky that I got to help Paula with this.




Comments

Popular Posts